Q4 2018 Final Project Teams

Here are the teams for this semesters final project:

• Mason and Robert
  • Lisa and Nashid
    • Project: A personal image library that is fast and easy to sort that a floral designer can use to create custom visual proposals for clients.
    • Project Board: TDB
  • Eddie and Nina
    • Project: TDB
    • Project Board: TDB

Resources for keeping track of your projects and tracking progress:

Floral Design App Plan

Owners: @lisaumhey-973 and @Nashidafreen-1122

PROBLEM : The time-consuming bidding process between a floral designer and a prospective client.

Imagine a couple who’s planning a wedding and are interested in hiring me to handle the many custom floral/decor pieces that they want for their event. They want a particular style for their event, in a unique color palette, to complement their unique venue, during a specific time of year, within their limited budget. I have to be able to figure out what types of design elements I am going to be able to produce in those constraints, how to communicate these ideas clearly to the client, how much they will cost, sell the clients on the likely shocking price tag, and build their trust so that they book the contract. Without getting any deeper into the details, this is a labor-intensive process, and I don’t even have any money in my pocket yet. And, they may ultimately decide to go in a different direction for a variety of reasons, and I may never have any money in my pocket from that work that I did.

SOLUTION : A personal image library that is fast and easy to sort that a floral designer can use to create custom visual proposals for clients.

Photos in the library could be tagged by color, season, keyword, price, etc so that the designer can quickly sort to find fitting images as they are creating a proposal within the same app. The output of this app would be a simple photo collage presentation with optional text that can be digitally shared with the client (as a PDF?). I am attaching an example of a visual proposal to help illustrate the output goal of the app a little better. Alternatively, another idea is that the client can also have a login to the app to view their unique design board proposal and maybe can even provide feedback and search through the designer’s library themselves to find other images they are inspired by. Picture an online shopping app meets Pinterest meets Canva.